Announcements

The BBC needs you – are you working in the NHS beyond retirement age?

We’re looking for NHS workers who are working beyond the retirement age to be featured in a positive BBC TV news piece. Although a date has not been confirmed, the filming is likely to take place in September at your Trust. If you would like to take part, please contact sadaf.maruf@bbc.co.uk who will be able to send you more information and will confirm the date and time of the filming

About nhspbank (302 Articles)
NHS Professionals manages the temporary staffing needs of around 66 NHS Trusts across England. An integral part of the NHS, it aims to reduce Trusts’ spending on flexible workers without compromising quality, by providing greater transparency of demand and supplying bank staff at the best possible rate. Its bank of more than 40,000 flexible workers comprises general and specialist nurses, doctors, midwives, admin/clerical , allied health professionals, healthcare scientists, support services among other healthcare professionals.

12 Comments on The BBC needs you – are you working in the NHS beyond retirement age?

1. may be interested i am retired RSCN and still work for NHS professionals could you send me more information also dates & times of filming. kind regards Anita Baxter

2. Muhammad Farooq // August 15, 2013 at 7:31 pm //

i am interested

3. Linda Hundleby // August 15, 2013 at 8:14 pm //

I am 69 years old and I am still working as a care support worker, I work mostly in the
    colposcopy clinic and outpatient clinic, Iam interested in the BBC Programme

4. I am a 50 year old second year student nurse…I certainly will be working in the nhs past retirement age!..

5. MAUREEN SMITH // August 16, 2013 at 4:09 pm //

mY RETIREMENT DATE WAS 10 YEARS AGO I AM NOW 75 AND WORK ON THE SWITCHBOARD FOR EAST& NORTH HERTS TRUST QE 11 hosp WELWYN GARDEN CITY I TRAINED AS A NURSE SRN 1963 BUT HAD TO GIVE UP BECAUSE OF ARTHRITIS

6. Frances A Joyce // August 17, 2013 at 9:45 am //

I am still working for NHSP as a registered nurse.Iam 75yrs old/young. I would be interested in some info on you project

7. ken hopkins // August 21, 2013 at 8:00 pm //

I am 65 and continueing to work full time within the NHS, I would be very interested in your project.

8. jenny curtis // August 24, 2013 at 7:59 pm //

In June 2011 I was forced to retire at 65 by my trust despite both requesting to continue working and my department wanting me to continue. This was a cost saving exercise just before it became illegal to force retirement at 65. I then registered with NHSp and have been working as a bank occupational therapist for the NHS ever since. At each position I have been asked back whenever they needed additional staff, so I can’t be ‘past it’. My manager at my previous NHS post also still hopes to get funding for me to return.

9. MRS PAULINE TROUGHTON // August 25, 2013 at 8:43 am //

I am 60 and continuing to work for the hope to see you soon

10. Margaret Farrar // August 27, 2013 at 5:36 pm //

I have been working for the NHS for over 30 years. I retired, aged 65, 2 years ago this September. I still work as a health care support worker for the NHSP

11. soondranuth gungaram // August 30, 2013 at 7:04 pm //

I retired last year now working as nhsp would be interested

12. Eleanor Murray // September 6, 2013 at 11:02 am //

I am a RGN had to retire at 65 inspite of requesting to continue working. I was told that they had already allocate their budget for new staff. That was in January 2011 after which I worked for NHSP and continue to do so.