The BBC needs you – are you working in the NHS beyond retirement age?

We’re looking for NHS workers who are working beyond the retirement age to be featured in a positive BBC TV news piece. Although a date has not been confirmed, the filming is likely to take place in September at your Trust. If you would like to take part, please contact sadaf.maruf@bbc.co.uk who will be able to send you more information and will confirm the date and time of the filming

About the author

NHS Professionals administrator

NHS Professionals manages the temporary staffing needs of around 66 NHS Trusts across England. An integral part of the NHS, it aims to reduce Trusts’ spending on flexible workers without compromising quality, by providing greater transparency of demand and supplying bank staff at the best possible rate. Its bank of more than 40,000 flexible workers comprises general and specialist nurses, doctors, midwives, admin/clerical , allied health professionals, healthcare scientists, support services among other healthcare professionals.

12 Comments so far

anita baxterPosted on6:47 pm - Aug 15, 2013

may be interested i am retired RSCN and still work for NHS professionals could you send me more information also dates & times of filming. kind regards Anita Baxter

Muhammad FarooqPosted on7:31 pm - Aug 15, 2013

i am interested

Linda HundlebyPosted on8:14 pm - Aug 15, 2013

I am 69 years old and I am still working as a care support worker, I work mostly in the
colposcopy clinic and outpatient clinic, Iam interested in the BBC Programme

Julie doughtyPosted on9:53 pm - Aug 15, 2013

I am a 50 year old second year student nurse…I certainly will be working in the nhs past retirement age!..

MAUREEN SMITHPosted on4:09 pm - Aug 16, 2013

mY RETIREMENT DATE WAS 10 YEARS AGO I AM NOW 75 AND WORK ON THE SWITCHBOARD FOR EAST& NORTH HERTS TRUST QE 11 hosp WELWYN GARDEN CITY I TRAINED AS A NURSE SRN 1963 BUT HAD TO GIVE UP BECAUSE OF ARTHRITIS

Frances A JoycePosted on9:45 am - Aug 17, 2013

I am still working for NHSP as a registered nurse.Iam 75yrs old/young. I would be interested in some info on you project

ken hopkinsPosted on8:00 pm - Aug 21, 2013

I am 65 and continueing to work full time within the NHS, I would be very interested in your project.

jenny curtisPosted on7:59 pm - Aug 24, 2013

In June 2011 I was forced to retire at 65 by my trust despite both requesting to continue working and my department wanting me to continue. This was a cost saving exercise just before it became illegal to force retirement at 65. I then registered with NHSp and have been working as a bank occupational therapist for the NHS ever since. At each position I have been asked back whenever they needed additional staff, so I can’t be ‘past it’. My manager at my previous NHS post also still hopes to get funding for me to return.

MRS PAULINE TROUGHTONPosted on8:43 am - Aug 25, 2013

I am 60 and continuing to work for the hope to see you soon

Margaret FarrarPosted on5:36 pm - Aug 27, 2013

I have been working for the NHS for over 30 years. I retired, aged 65, 2 years ago this September. I still work as a health care support worker for the NHSP

soondranuth gungaramPosted on7:04 pm - Aug 30, 2013

I retired last year now working as nhsp would be interested

Eleanor MurrayPosted on11:02 am - Sep 6, 2013

I am a RGN had to retire at 65 inspite of requesting to continue working. I was told that they had already allocate their budget for new staff. That was in January 2011 after which I worked for NHSP and continue to do so.

You must be logged in to post a comment.

%d bloggers like this: