The ‘Bank Worker of the Month’ award recognises NHS Professionals’ Flexible Workers who provide excellent quality of care to patients, achieve high standards across our core values and meet the 6Cs – care, compassion, competence, communication, courage and commitment.
There is an award for three categories; Care Support Worker or Healthcare Assistant, Specialist Nurse and Registered Nurse. Every month each of the winners receives an iPad Mini as a thank you for all their hard work.
In order to win this award the workers must fulfil the following criteria:
- Achieve ‘5 – Excellent’ on all five of the sections of the ‘Performance Evaluation System’, which is completed by the Ward Manager at the end of each shift
- Cancelled no shifts for that month
- Filled the highest number of shifts in the month for which they are being considered for.
We are pleased to announce that March’s winners were:
- Susan Elaine Hatton, Registered Nurse, Stockport NHS Foundation Trust
- Harriet Emembolu, Care Support Worker, Camden & Islington NHS Foundation Trust
- Michael Callaghan, Specialist Nurse, Alder Hey Children’s NHS Foundation Trust
“I work full time as a Band 6 Children’s Community Nurse covering West Lancashire and North Sefton. On a day to day basis I work in hospital prevention and promotion of early discharge from the surrounding referring hospitals. I was shocked but very excited to be chosen as Bank Worker of the Month. I am so grateful that my colleagues took the time out of a very demanding Paediatric Accident & Emergency Department to vote for me in recognition of the bank work I do.”
Congratulations to all our March winners and thank you to all of our workers for ensuring that patients receive the best care possible and for being great ambassadors for NHS Professionals.