We’d like to take the time to not only celebrate the 69th Birthday of the NHS, but to celebrate all your hard work and continued commitment to care. Without you, the NHS wouldn’t be where it is today.
To mark the occasion, here are 5 fun facts about the NHS…
Did you know:
1. The NHS was set up in 1948 by Aneurin Bevan, a politician and Minister For Health
2. The Park Hospital in Manchester was the first hospital to open in the NHS in 1948 and a 13-year old girl was the first patient treated at the hospital for a liver condition
3. Most nurses in 19th century workhouses collected their wages in beer
4. The NHS in England deals with over 1 million patients every 36 hours
5. The NHS employs more than 1.5 million people, putting it in the top five of the world’s largest workforces, alongside the US Department of Defence, McDonalds, Walmart and the Chinese People’s Liberation Army.
How are you celebrating the occasion with your colleagues and at your Trust?
You must be logged in to post a comment.