Claire Lyons, Registered Nurse at South Tyneside NHS Foundation Trust, was one of December’s Bank Worker Of The Month winners. We spoke to Claire following her award, to congratulate her and find out more about her and her working life.
1. How did you get into your current area of work?
I was already working at the Trust.
2. What does your typical day at work consist of?
Direct antenatal patient contact/care.
3. What do you love most about your job?
The variety of each day and making a difference to patients.
4. How would your colleagues describe you in three words?
Kind, loud and helpful.
5. What the most challenging part of your role?
Under the present circumstances (unit is closed) so keeping normality for patients can be hard.
6. What’s the best thing about working for NHSP?
The online system is really easy to use and I love weekly pay!
7. What do you usually do on your days off?
I like to catch up with my family and go on long dog walks.
The Bank Worker Of The Month award acknowledges Bank Workers who have gone above and beyond what is required in their everyday duties.
There is an award for four categories; Care Support Worker/Healthcare Assistant, Specialist Nurse, Registered Nurse and Admin & Clerical.
To win this award, the workers must fulfil the following criteria:
• Achieve ‘5 – Excellent’ on all five of the sections of the ‘Performance Evaluation System’, which is completed by the Ward Manager at the end of each shift.
• Not cancel any shifts for that month.
• Fill the highest number of shifts in the month for which they are being considered for.
A huge well done to Claire and all the other winners for December! Thank you to all of our Bank Members for ensuring that patients receive the best care possible, and for being great ambassadors for NHS Professionals.
You must be logged in to post a comment.