Sarah Birchall, Specialist Nurse at Manchester University Foundation Trust was one of December’s Bank Worker Of The Month winners. We spoke to Sarah following her award, to congratulate her and find out more about her and her working life.
1. How did you get into your current area of work?
I worked at the Trust previously.
2. What does your typical day at work consist of?
Caring for women and babies before, during and after birth.
3. What do you love most about your job?
Being able to be part of a special moment in people’s lives.
4. How would your colleagues describe you in three words?
Hard working, supporting and friendly.
5. What’s been your proudest achievement at work to date?
Delivering my best friend’s baby!
6. What the most challenging part of your role?
Caring for and supporting families in difficult situations.
7. What’s the best thing about working for NHSP?
The flexibility of being able to choose my own hours.
8. What do you usually do on your days off?
Catch up on sleep!
The Bank Worker Of The Month award acknowledges Bank Workers who have gone above and beyond what is required in their everyday duties.
There is an award for four categories; Care Support Worker/Healthcare Assistant, Specialist Nurse, Registered Nurse and Admin & Clerical.
To win this award, the workers must fulfil the following criteria:
• Achieve ‘5 – Excellent’ on all five of the sections of the ‘Performance Evaluation System’, which is completed by the Ward Manager at the end of each shift.
• Not cancel any shifts for that month.
• Fill the highest number of shifts in the month for which they are being considered for.
A huge well done to Sarah and all the other winners for December! Thank you to all of our Bank Members for ensuring that patients receive the best care possible, and for being great ambassadors for NHS Professionals.