Asha, Specialist Nurse at Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust, was one of September’s Bank Worker Of The Month winners. We met Asha following the award to congratulate her and find out more about her day to day role and experiences working for NHS Professionals
I transferred to NHS Professionals from another agency.
2. What does your typical day at work consist of?
We laugh and play together whilst giving holistic care to sick children.
3. What do you love most about your job?
I love the fact that every day is different.
4. How would your colleagues describe you in three words?
Loud, hardworking, funny.
5. What’s been your proudest achievement at work to date?
Discharging children after a long journey of illness.
6. What is the most challenging part of your role?
Having to deal with a cases of terminally ill patients.
7. What’s the best thing about working for NHSP?
I no longer stress about tomorrow and i am guaranteed a holiday!
8. What do you usually do on your days off?
I enjoy spending time with my 18 month old son.
The Bank Worker Of The Month award acknowledges Bank Workers who have gone above and beyond what is required in their everyday duties.
There is an award for four categories; Care Support Worker/Healthcare Assistant, Specialist Nurse, Registered Nurse and Admin & Clerical.
To win this award, the workers must fulfil the following criteria:
• Achieve ‘5 – Excellent’ on all five of the sections of the ‘Performance Evaluation System’, which is completed by the Ward Manager at the end of each shift.
• Not cancel any shifts for that month.
• Fill the highest number of shifts in the month for which they are being considered for.
A huge well done to Asha and all the other winners for September!
Thank you to all of our Bank Members for ensuring that patients receive the best care possible, and for being great ambassadors for NHS Professionals.
You must be logged in to post a comment.