Judith, Specialist Nurse at Stockport NHS Foundation Trust, was one of October’s Bank Worker Of The Month winners. We met Judith following the award to congratulate her and find out more about her day to day role and experiences working for NHS Professionals
1. What does your typical day at work consist of?
All aspects of the emergency department (ED). Resus, triage, plastering etc.
2. What do you love most about your job?
I look looking after people. I appreciate they can be vulnerable and anxious.
3. How would your colleagues describe you in three words?
I would like to think that they would say i was trustworthy, hardworking and reliable.
4. What’s been your proudest achievement at work to date?
I am proud everyday, i work with such an amazing team of people in ED. They are all such dedicated staff!
5. What is the most challenging part of your role?
Looking after poorly children.
6. What’s the best thing about working for NHSP?
I love the flexibility it gives me, enabling me to have an excellent work, home balance!
7. What do you usually do on your days off?
I enjoy going to Zumba and playing tennis.
A huge well done to Judith and all the other winners for October!
The Bank Worker Of The Month award acknowledges Bank Workers who have gone above and beyond what is required in their everyday duties.
There is an award for four categories; Care Support Worker/Healthcare Assistant, Specialist Nurse, Registered Nurse and Admin & Clerical.
To win this award, the workers must fulfil the following criteria:
• Achieve ‘5 – Excellent’ on all five of the sections of the ‘Performance Evaluation System’, which is completed by the Ward Manager at the end of each shift.
• Not cancel any shifts for that month.
• Fill the highest number of shifts in the month for which they are being considered for.
Thank you to all of our Bank Members for ensuring that patients receive the best care possible, and for being great ambassadors for NHS Professionals.
You must be logged in to post a comment.