Lorraine, Admin and Clerical Worker at Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust, was one of October’s Bank Worker Of The Month winners. We met Lorraine following the award to congratulate her and find out more about her day to day role and experiences working for NHS Professionals
1. How did you get into your current area of work?
NHS Professionals was recommended to me whilst I was already working through the NHS.
2. What does your typical day at work consist of?
It can be very changeable but generally lots of urgent administrative work.
3. What do you love most about your job?
I love the variety
4. What’s been your proudest achievement at work to date?
5. What is the most challenging part of your role?
Dealing with difficult time pressures when tasks are needed urgently is very challenging.
6. What’s the best thing about working for NHSP?
It gives me the freedom to accept work when I want it and they offer great support.
8. What do you usually do on your days off?
I enjoy being outside in the fresh air!
A huge well done to Lorraine and all the other winners for October!
The Bank Worker Of The Month award acknowledges Bank Workers who have gone above and beyond what is required in their everyday duties.
There is an award for four categories; Care Support Worker/Healthcare Assistant, Specialist Nurse, Registered Nurse and Admin & Clerical.
To win this award, the workers must fulfil the following criteria:
• Achieve ‘5 – Excellent’ on all five of the sections of the ‘Performance Evaluation System’, which is completed by the Ward Manager at the end of each shift.
• Not cancel any shifts for that month.
• Fill the highest number of shifts in the month for which they are being considered for.
Thank you to all of our Bank Members for ensuring that patients receive the best care possible, and for being great ambassadors for NHS Professionals.
You must be logged in to post a comment.