Ismail, Care Support Worker at Camden & Islington NHS Foundation Trust, was one of January’s Bank Worker Of The Month winners. We met Ismail following the award to congratulate him and find out more about his day to day role and experiences working for NHS Professionals.
1. What does your typical day at work consist of?
Supporting the patients.
2. What do you love most about your job?
Being able to care for people.
3. What’s been your proudest achievement at work to date?
Being recognised as the Bank Worker of the Month.
4. What is the most challenging part of your role?
Therapeutic engagement when a service user is very unwell.
5. What inspired you to join the NHS?
So that I can give back what I am getting.
6. What do you like most about working for NHSP?
Getting my shift payment weekly.
7. If you could name a hospital, what would you call it?
Ismail Lawal Hospital.
8. What is your favourite pizza topping?
Vegetable and mayonnaise.
9. If you were going to be stranded on a desert island, what 3 things would you take with you?
Food, water and mobile phone.
A huge well done to Ismail and all the other winners for January!
The Bank Worker Of The Month award acknowledges Bank Workers who have gone above and beyond what is required in their everyday duties.
There is an award for four categories; Care Support Worker/Healthcare Assistant, Specialist Nurse, Registered Nurse and Admin & Clerical.
To win this award, the workers must fulfil the following criteria:
• Achieve ‘5 – Excellent’ on all five of the sections of the ‘Performance Evaluation System’, which is completed by the Ward Manager at the end of each shift.
• Not cancel any shifts for that month.
• Fill the highest number of shifts in the month for which they are being considered for.
Thank you to all of our Bank Members for ensuring that patients receive the best care possible, and for being great ambassadors for NHS Professionals.
You must be logged in to post a comment.