Tracey, Registered Nurse at Wrightington, Wigan & Leigh NHS Foundation Trust, was one of January’s Bank Worker Of The Month winners. We met Tracey following the award to congratulate her and find out more about her day to day role and experiences working for NHS Professionals.
1. What does your typical day at work consist of?
Pre and post op care to day surgery.
2. What do you love most about your job?
Lovely meeting new patients. Work with a great team.
3. What’s been your proudest achievement at work to date?
Seeing patients appreciate the work you do. Being able to deal with an emergency situation.
4. What is the most challenging part of your role?
Emergencies on the ward.
5. What inspired you to join the NHS?
Flexibility, weekly pay, variety.
6. What do you like most about working for NHSP?
Variety, being able to choose where you work.
7. If you could name a hospital, what would you call it?
The George Formby Hospital.
8. What is your favourite pizza topping?
9. If you were going to be stranded on a desert island, what 3 things would you take with you?
Water, knife and clothes.
10. Do you have any hobbies?
A huge well done to Tracey and all the other winners for January!
The Bank Worker Of The Month award acknowledges Bank Workers who have gone above and beyond what is required in their everyday duties.
There is an award for four categories; Care Support Worker/Healthcare Assistant, Specialist Nurse, Registered Nurse and Admin & Clerical.
To win this award, the workers must fulfil the following criteria:
• Achieve ‘5 – Excellent’ on all five of the sections of the ‘Performance Evaluation System’, which is completed by the Ward Manager at the end of each shift.
• Not cancel any shifts for that month.
• Fill the highest number of shifts in the month for which they are being considered for.
Thank you to all of our Bank Members for ensuring that patients receive the best care possible, and for being great ambassadors for NHS Professionals.
You must be logged in to post a comment.