Your Holiday Booking System is undergoing some changes which will benefit you in a number of ways. The changeover to the new system will be on Wednesday 1st July and there are 3 key improvements that NHSP would like to make you aware of ahead of the change.
1) Personalised holiday year – Your holiday year will no longer automatically run from 1st January – 31st December. Instead, your holiday year will commence on the date that you worked your first shift and will expire 12 months later.
2) The new online system will be more user friendly – The look and feel of the new system makes your holiday status much clearer and more visible. You will also be able to access the new system directly from NHSP:Online, without needing to login again.
3) Minimum holiday shift duration will be based on your working pattern – You will no longer be required to take holiday in blocks of 7.5 hours. Instead, your own average shift length will determine the length of your holiday ‘shifts’.
So stay tuned for further messages in your inbox, as your holiday booking service is about to get easier this summer!
We understand that all our Bank Members work exceedingly hard on a daily basis and therefore need valuable Trust based online information quickly and easily.
We are now launching a new Trust based website which will give you bespoke information about the Trust you work at.
This website will be exclusively piloted at Kings College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and Norfolk and Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust. Once the website is effectively up and running, we will then aim to roll it out to other Trust types in the future.
It will contain information on:
• Trust based available shifts
• Contact details for your local office
• Information on training courses and events
• And much much more
It will also be tailored made for your role, therefore information which is only relevant to you, will be visible to you to ensure that you are not bombarded with unnecessary information.
The NEW website will also make it easier for you to book shifts at the Trust rather than logging onto the login’s page on the main website.
In a few weeks, we will contact you to let you know when the new website is launched. So stay tuned…
We have listened to you and felt your pain and now it’s time for a change. Over the last year we have been setting up a new service to give you more visibility of available shifts.
At first this service will be exclusively available at the Leeds Teaching Hospital NHS Trust, Portsmouth Hospital NHS Trust and North Middlesex University Hospital NHS Trust. Emails will be directly sent out to acute nursing staff, however once the system is effectively up and running, we will then aim to roll it out to other staff groups and Trust types in the future.
The service will offer you the chance to receive timely emails which would show you shifts that you can book. Therefore in order to get “first shout of available shifts” please remember to update your profile on NHSP:Online.
Over the coming weeks we will keep you informed about the launch of our new service so stay tuned…as getting first choice of shift availability in your chosen Trust is about to get easier!
We are delighted to announce the first winners of our new recognition scheme, the ‘Bank Worker of the Month’ award. The scheme recognises those workers who provide excellent quality of care to patients, achieve high standards across our core values and meet the 6Cs – care, compassion, competence, communication, courage and commitment. There is an award for three categories; Care Support Worker, Registered Nurse and Specialist Nurse. In order to win an award, our workers must fulfil the following criteria:
• Achieve ‘5 – Excellent’ on all five of the five sections of the ‘Performance Evaluation System’, which is evaluated by the ward manager at the end of each of your shifts.
• Cancelled no shifts for the month that they are being considered for.
• Filled the highest shifts in the month for which they are being considered for.
The lucky winners from January are:
Isatu Kabba-Boima, Care Support Worker, Camden & Islington NHS Foundation Trust
“I am happy to receive this award and it feels great that what I do on a daily basis has been recognised by those around me. Nothing gives me a greater feeling of satisfaction than providing great care for my patients but it is always nice to have your efforts acknowledged.”
Vanessa Lowe, Registered Nurse, Kent Community Health NHS Trust
“This award came as a complete surprise and it is a nice feeling to be recognised in this way. The services I work for, and with, always make me feel welcome and part of their team. It is good to feel mutually supported.”
Wendy Cahill, Specialist Nurse, Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust
“I was surprised but honoured to receive the nurse of the month award. I go to work and carry out my job to the best of my ability working with the team on Panda unit. I love doing my job and while I didn’t expect it to result in an award I am delighted to win.”
It is our pleasure to congratulate this month’s winners of the awards and we would also like to encourage all of our staff to continue the great work they do every day.
Those NHSP bank workers who have achieved consistently high levels of performance throughout the year will be invited to the Florence Nightingale Foundation Commemoration Service at Westminster Abbey.