Nursing & Midwives
Gain access to additional hours at 62 NHS Trusts by becoming a full NHSP:Bank member
How do I become an NHSP:Bank member?
If you are not currently employed by one of our client Trusts, you can register to become a full NHSP:Bank member. You must complete a bank membership, which you can start online today.
We then screen your application to ensure you meet the basic membership criteria; e.g. you must have six months experience gained in the UK, in the last two years. We also match your skills and availability with the shift demand of our client Trusts – this helps to ensure there will be suitable shifts available to you when you’ve completed the process and are ready to work.
Registration then follows a rigorous recruitment process that is fully compliant with NHS Employment Check Standards and can take a long time.
The length of time it will take depends on your availability to attend and complete the interview process, the time taken to receive your references and DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service, previously Criminal Record Bureau) form. We need your help in working with us to keep this duration to a minimum.
10 steps to NHSP:Bank Full membership registration
After you have completed your online application and successfully met our screening criteria:
- YOU book to attend your interview via our online portal and complete the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) form, the link to which will be emailed to you
- YOU tell your referees that we will be contacting them to obtain references and ask them to reply quickly
- YOU attend your assessment day, which includes an interview, knowledge assessment, document checks and how to order your uniform (if applicable)
- YOU complete your online training and Occupational Health form
- We contact your referees
- We complete your Occupational Health clearance
- YOU send us your DBS disclosure
- YOU book and complete you practical mandatory training (if applicable)
- WE send you your ID badge and login details to access NHSP:Online, the shift booking system
- We will help you to book your first few shifts, should you require any assistance
In return for your hard work and your professional, caring and reliable service, NHSP:Bankmembership gives you access to the following benefits:
- Competitive weekly pay
- First choice of available shifts
- Paid annual leave
- Statutory maternity/paternity pay (subject to qualifying criteria)
- Access to our very own pension scheme called ‘NHSP Stakeholder pension’
- NHSP Limited has been granted a closed direction order and is able to offer the NHS Pension to eligible members.
Please click here for more information about NHS Pensions.
- Free training and development opportunities…and we are part of the NHS team!
Click here to begin your online application.
If you are currently employed by one of our client Trusts you can apply to become a substantive member exclusively at your Trust, for more information about joining as a substantive member click here.
To view a list of the Trusts we work in partnership with click here.